Opening and Closing Checklists

Opening and Closing Checklists for Booth Renters





One habit I have tried to incorporate is to have a routine for opening and closing. To help me do this, I have created two checklists: opening and closing. Having a routine helps me in many ways. To stay organized, create a welcoming environment for my clients, and make sure nothing gets overlooked.

Whether you are new to renting a booth or have been doing it for years, having a routine and a checklist can create a calming atmosphere and make your workday flow much more smoothly.

Why Checklists Matter

When running your own beauty business, there are so many responsibilities to keep track of. You have appointments, inventory, cleaning, and client communication, it can be very easy to forget something.

Using a checklist helps to:

  • Keep your space clean and professional
  • Makes you prepared for the day
  • Reduce your stress and lower mental clutter
  • Create consistency in your business
  • Save time by following the same routine every day

My Opening Checklist

Before my first client arrives, I like to make sure everything is prepped for the day. Here is a short list of things I like to do to set up for my workday:

  • Prepare my work area(s)
  • Review my schedule
  • Restock products
  • Create a welcoming environment

My Closing Checklist

At the end of the day, I like to try to leave my space ready for the next day. Here is a short list of things I like to do close for the day:

  • Clean and sanitize
  • Restock for tomorrow
  • Review business tasks

Benefits I've Seen From Using Checklists

Since getting into a routine and introducing checklists, I feel that my days are less rushed and more organized. My clients walk into a clean, welcoming space, and I leave each day knowing that everything is prepared for the next day.

Running my booth rental business requires me to wear many different hats, and a checklist helps me stay on top of everything without being overwhelmed.

Final Thoughts

Using checklists may seem like a small thing, but it can create big results and have a huge impact on your business. Creating a consistent opening and closing routine can help your salon to be organized, professional, and ready to provide your clients with the best possible experience.

If you don't already use a checklist or have a routine, I encourage you to create one that works for you and your business. It may become one of the most valued tools for your daily business routine.

I've included some versions of my opening and closing checklists below if you'd like to use them as inspiration for creating your own routine! Canva is a great tool for this. 👇






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Cosmetology Story: From Salon Kid to Licensed Professional

Welcome to SalonGirlie!

From Commission to Booth Rent: My Journey in the Beauty Industry