Organization as a Booth Renter

How I Stay Organized as a Booth Renter

One of the biggest lessons I’ve learned since becoming a booth renter is that organization plays a huge role in how smoothly my days run. When you’re managing your own schedule, supplies, cleaning, and client experience, having systems in place can make all the difference.

While I’m always finding new ways to improve, there are a few things that help me stay organized and keep my booth running efficiently.

Keeping My Schedule Organized

One of the most important tools in my business is Square. I use Square to manage my appointments and keep track of my schedule. Having everything in one place helps me stay organized and prepared for each day. Since I use Square for my appointment keeping, that is also where I take payments, and have my payroll information for myself. Keep in mind there is a free Square plan or a plan you pay monthy for, currently I use the free plan and I like it.

I like to review my upcoming appointments the night before and the morning of, so I know what services I’ll be performing and can make sure I have everything ready for my clients.

Staying on Top of Cleaning

Keeping a clean and organized workspace is a priority for me. After each client, I follow a cleaning and sanitation routine to prepare my station for the next appointment. In between clients I wipe my workspace down, replace my used implements with fresh sanitized ones, and ensure I have all my products set out for thr next service. If the floor gets very dirty in-between my manicure and pedicure services I will vacuum before starting my next client, otherwise I do that at the end of the day.

At the end of each work day, I also complete a more thorough cleaning routine (which I'll go into detail about at a later date, so stay tuned!) Taking a few extra minutes throughout the day helps me maintain a professional environment and prevents tasks from piling up.

Using Drawers, Carts, and Bins

One thing that has helped me tremendously is giving everything a designated place. I use drawers, carts, and storage bins to organize my products and supplies. Some of my bins I have labeled, that way I can find the products I need quickly.

Having a system makes it much easier to find what I need quickly and keeps my booth from feeling cluttered. It also helps me keep track of inventory and know when it’s time to restock certain items.

Keeping Supplies Stocked

Running out of a product in the middle of a busy week is something I try to avoid (but it still happens to me from time to time, im getting better!) I try to make it a habit to check my inventory regularly and reorder products before I completely run out. 

I would recommend taking account of each product you have, and how many you have of each. Create a written list in a notebook or on your phone, and check off each item you use, that way you will know whenever your running low.

This simple habit helps reduce stress and allows me to focus on my clients rather than worrying about supplies.

Organization Creates a Better Client Experience

I’ve found that staying organized doesn’t just benefit me—it benefits my clients as well. When my schedule is organized, my supplies are stocked, and my booth is clean, appointments run more smoothly and clients can relax and enjoy their services. 

Organization may not be the most exciting part of booth renting, but it’s one of the habits that helps keep my business running efficiently every day. 

Final Thoughts

As a booth renter, organization is something I’m constantly working on. Having systems for scheduling, cleaning, inventory, and storage helps me stay prepared and reduces unnecessary stress.

You don’t have to have a perfect system right away. Start with a few habits that work for you and build from there.

I’d love to hear from other beauty professionals—what helps you stay organized in your salon or booth?

Thank you for stopping by SalonGirlie! 💕



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Cosmetology Story: From Salon Kid to Licensed Professional

Welcome to SalonGirlie!

From Commission to Booth Rent: My Journey in the Beauty Industry