Polished Beauty Turns 2: Reflecting on Two Amazing Years

Today, my booth rental salon business, Polished Beauty, is two years old! For weeks leading up to this day, I have been thinking, "WOW! I can't believe I have been running my own business for two years! So much has changed." Now that the day is here, I am thinking of how much has changed, not just over the last two years, but how I have changed from my first year in the beauty industry. I have grown so much in my business and as a person in so many ways. I am looking forward to what is in store for Polished Beauty in the future!

How Polished Beauty Began

I started planning Polished Beauty at the end of May 2024, when I decided to leave my first job ever, the first salon I worked at, the place I feel like I grew up. I had worked there for six years, and it was one of the hardest decisions I have ever made. Back then, without going into detail, I felt that it was my time to move on and pursue other avenues, and reflecting back, I am incredibly happy that I made the decision to step out on my own. I wouldn't be where I am today if I hadn't.

After deciding I wanted to step out on my own, I searched for a booth to rent in local salons. I found the perfect one. The second I walked in, I felt at peace. Which is EXACTLY the environment I needed and what I wanted for my clients. Once I figured out where I was going to be, I got to go crazy ordering supplies and decorations for my space to create the atmosphere I wanted. That was one of my favorite parts. SO many packages came to my house, I'm sure the delivery people started to hate me! My first day in my new salon, in my booth rental space, was June 10, 2024, and I immediately knew it was perfect.

Favorite Memories from the Past Two Years

One of my favorite memories I have over the past two years is ones with my clients. Almost all of my regular clients moved with me, but I also got to gain some new ones. My clients and the relationships I have with them are very important to me. To me, they aren't just clients, they are friends or even family. There are some that have been with me since 2018, my first year in the beauty industry; they have watched me grow up, from the eighteen-year-old kid to the twenty-six-year-old woman I am today. I have shared personal troubles, sad times, or happy memories with my clients, and they have done the same with me. That is why I often feel like they are more than clients - they're friends and family. I am glad to say that about my clients. I have shared cherished memories with each client, and I will never forget them.

Another thing I've loved over the past two years is the sense of fulfillment I've felt while running my own business. I felt like I had reached a lot of personal and professional goals as time has gone on, and I just keep creating more. I hope that over the next few years, I will reach even more.

What I've Learned

I have learned over the past two years some important lessons.

Being organized is important. Making sure my products, schedule, and finances are in order is a huge part of running my business and ensuring things run smoothly. 

Keeping consistent and not trying to be perfect. Nobody is perfect, and nobody ever will be. We are all human, all make mistakes, and all have bad days. I had to let go of trying to be perfect and instead focus on consistency in all aspects of my business.

Continuing education and growing. I am still working on this. I'm set in my ways with some products and techniques. However, I have been trying to try out new products and techniques. The beauty industry is always evolving, and it's important to continue building new skills and staying current with trends and techniques. Continuing my education is something I want to focus more on in the third year of Polished Beauty.

Trust God through it all. I believe with all my heart that God's plan was for me to leave my first job and pursue creating my own salon business. There was a lot of talking and prayer behind the decision and a lot of decisions since then, and it has all felt right. I will continue to walk in faith and do my best to follow God in it all.

THANK YOU!

I would not have been able to make Polished Beauty possible if it weren't for the support of my parents, my boyfriend, and my clients. I know I may not say thank you often enough, but I am SO thankful that I have so many people who love and support me. You all want to see me succeed and shine, and I am grateful for each person. 

I am so thankful that God has brought me to this place, and I can't wait to see what He has in store for the future.

As Polished Beauty continues to grow, I'd love for you to be part of the journey. If you aren't already following along, you can find Polished Beauty on Facebook, where I share salon updates, recent work, announcements, and special moments from behind the scenes. Follow here: https://www.facebook.com/share/1E8midg3sT/?mibextid=wwXIfr 

Looking Ahead

I am excited for the future of Polished Beauty, and I hope I can make it even better than the last two. With that being said, I have three goals this year that I would like to focus on: continue to grow through education, enhance my client experience, and to build a stronger online community. 

Most importantly, I hope to continue trusting in God's plan for both Polished Beauty and now SalonGirlie. Taking each opportunity and challenge one day at a time while serving others with excellence and gratitude.

As Polished Beauty celebrates its second anniversary, I am filled with gratitude. These past two years have brought me growth, lessons, challenges, and countless blessings. I am so thankful for every client who has sat in my chair, every person who has supported my business, and God's faithfulness through everything. I'm excited to see what the next chapter holds and look forward to continuing to serve this wonderful community for years to come.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Cosmetology Story: From Salon Kid to Licensed Professional

Welcome to SalonGirlie!

From Commission to Booth Rent: My Journey in the Beauty Industry