My Favorite Salon Education Resources

In my previous blog post, The Importance of Continuing Education in the Beauty Industry, I talked about why learning shouldn't stop after cosmetology school. Continuing your education is one of the best ways to grow your skills, stay current with industry trends, and provide the best possible experience for your clients.

Today, I want to take that conversation a step further by talking a little more about the educators, brands, and educational platforms that I mentioned in my previous education blog post. These platforms have made an impact on me and my career. Whether you're interested in hair, nails, makeup, or simply looking for fresh inspiration, these are some of my favorite places to learn.

Remember, you do not have to learn everything at once. Finding just one new resource can inspire you to keep growing and developing your skills.

Nail Career Education

One of my favorite resources for nail education is Nail Career Education. Suzie's videos cover everything from beginner techniques to advanced nail services, all in ways that are easy to understand. I have been watching Suzie's YouTube channel since I was around 15 years old. A lot of what I know today has been because of the videos that I have watched over the years from Nail Career Education. 

Suzie is funny, informative, detailed, and very down-to-earth. Not only does she provide online education through YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook, but she also does in-person classes as well. Attending one of her in-person classes has been a dream of mine for years; I hope one day I will get to go!

Whether you are just starting out or looking to improve your skills, there is something for everyone on Nail Career Education by Suzie.

Tammy Taylor Nails

Tammy Taylor has been a trusted name in the nail industry for many years. She has great products, which I personally use, such as acrylic liquid and powders, gel polishes, regular polishes, builder gels, brushes, etc. Tammy Taylor also provides educational videos and flyers to learn about techniques and products. 

I enjoy learning the Tammy Taylor way whenever it comes to proper nail prep, product application, and techniques that help to create beautiful and lasting results. She has step-by-step systems to follow to ensure the products do exactly what they are supposed to and to keep the service flowing smoothly.

Her educational content is another favorite that has impacted my career. She can be found on YouTube, Instagram, and on her website. 

Kenra Professional 

Kenra is the brand of hair color and styling products I use in my booth. They offer an array of different color and styling products to choose from. I have my handful of favorites that I make sure I always have. Something else I love about this brand is that the styling products smell amazing! They also provide a variety of education on hair color, cutting, styling, and product knowledge. I enjoy learning how to use products effectively so I can confidently recommend them to my clients for their hair needs, and that way, beautiful results can be achieved. 

Staying informed about new product lines and techniques helps me to continue to grow behind the chair. I learn new things every day, sometimes multiple times a day.

Behind the Chair

Behind the Chair is an amazing educational tool. It has become one of my favorite resources for staying inspired and keeping up with the beauty industry. There are YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram pages for Behind the Chair for their educational videos. 

However, there is also BTCU (Behind the Chair University), which requires a yearly subscription. This "university" gives you more of an in-depth education, with live and prerecorded classes. Personally,  I have been enjoying watching the classes on bridal styling, and so far I have learned a lot. 

Seeing new ideas, learning from experienced professionals, and discovering techniques that help me continue growing as a cosmetologist. It is a great resource for both inspiration and continuing education, no matter where you are in your career. 

Vincent Ford

I fairly recently discovered Vincent Ford on Instagram. He is a makeup educator, and I enjoy watching his content. I appreciate the way he shares professional makeup techniques, product knowledge, and practical tips that beauty professionals can apply behind the chair. His content encourages artists to continue refining their skills while building confidence in their craft. It can also help an aspiring artist to get a jump-start on their skills to fuel their career. 

Whether you are looking to improve your everyday makeup application or learn new techniques, Vincent is a great educator to follow. 

Why Continuing Education Matters

The beauty industry is constantly changing. New products, techniques. and trends are emerging all the time, and continuing your education helps to keep you confident and provide the best possible service to your clients. 

Learning also keeps your passion alive. Trying something new or mastering a technique can reignite your creativity and remind you why you chose this career. 

Don't Be Afraid to Keep Learning

No matter how long you have been in the industry, there is always something new to learn. 

You do not have to know everything, and you do not have to learn it all at once. Start with one class, one video, or one educator who inspires you. Every bit of knowledge adds to your skill set and can help you become a better beauty professional. 

Final Thoughts

I am thankful for the educators who generously share their knowledge and experience. Their willingness to teach has helped me become a more confident cosmetologist, and I know I will continue learning throughout my career. 

If you are a fellow beauty professional, I encourage you to invest in yourself. The time you spend learning today can have a lasting impact on your career tomorrow. 

What are some of your favorite beauty education resources? I would love to discover even more amazing educators!

If you haven’t had a chance to read my previous post, Why Continuing Education Matters in the Beauty Industry, I encourage you to check it out. It shares why investing in yourself is one of the best decisions you can make as a beauty professional, and this list of resources is a great next step to help you put that mindset into action.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Cosmetology Story: From Salon Kid to Licensed Professional

Welcome to SalonGirlie!

From Commission to Booth Rent: My Journey in the Beauty Industry