What I Keep Stocked in My Booth at All Times

Having a salon booth rental means that you are responsible for keeping your space stocked and ready for every appointment. Which is unlike working in a commission salon, where many products are provided for you. Booth renters have to think ahead to make sure they have everything they need for each client that sits in their chair, whether they specialize in hair, nails, skincare, or all of the above.
Over my years in the beauty industry, I have learned that staying stocked up on supplies not only helps appointments run more smoothly but can also reduce my stress. The last thing we want as stylists is to realize you are out of an essential product in the middle of a service. (Even though that has happened to me before! I have learned to be more proactive in keeping up with my inventory!)
Here are some of the items that I make sure to have on hand for each service I provide:
Nail Products
Because nails are my favorite service, and my most booked service, I try to pay closer attention to my inventory in this area,
Some of my nail essentials include:
- Regular base and top coat
- Gel base and top coat
- Regular polish colors
- Gel polish colors
- Nail primer
- Acrylic powder
- Monomer
- Acrylic Brush
- Cuticle oil
- Hand lotion
- Cotton rounds
- Acetone
- Alcohol
- Nail brushes & dotting tools
- Nail files & buffer
- Nippers & cuticle pushers
- Drill, drill bits, and sanding bands
- Dust collector
- Gel light
Pedicure Products
I always keep these items stocked:
- Foot files & replacement sticky pads
- Callus remover
- Pedicure soak
- Massage lotion
- Pedi in a box (which includes: soak, sugar scrub, lotion, and a leg mask for my deluxe pedicure!)
- Paraffin wax & bags
- Mini files & buffers
- Cotton rounds
- Orange wood sticks
- Clippers
- Acetone
- Alcohol
- Gel base & top coat
- Regular base & top coat
- Towels
Hair Products
I also make sure my booth is stocked with the hair products I use most often, and some that I don't, because you never know if you will need something. Having these things available and ready helps every appointment to flow better and can ensure consistent results for my clients.
I like to keep:
- Shampoo & Conditioner
- Leave-in conditioner
- Heat protectant
- Hair serum
- Mousse
- Blow dry spray
- Hairspray
- Hair color, developers, and lighteners
- Color bowls, whisks, brushes & a scale
- Foils
- Gloves
- Perms, processing caps & cotton strings
- Spray bottle
- Clips, combs & brushes
- Bobbi pins & elastics
- Towels
Waxing Supplies
I offer facial waxing, and keeping these items in stock is just as important as keeping nail and hair products in stock. Being prepared allows you to keep your stress down, have a smoother appointment, and provide a comfortable client experience.
Some of the waxing essentials I always have are:
- Soft wax (you can always opt for hard wax; soft wax is just my preference!)
- Wax warmer
- Applicator sticks in multiple sizes
- Waxing strips
- Pre-wax cleanser
- Post-wax lotion
- Tweezers
- Small scissors
- Cotton rounds
- Hand mirror
Cleaning & Sanitation Supplies
A clean salon helps clients feel comfortable and keeps everyone safe.
These products are vital to keep my area clean:
- Barbicide
- Surface cleaner
- Hand sanitizer
- Disinfectant wipes
- Gloves
- Towels
- Trash bags
- Laundry soap
Client Comfort Items
Sometimes little details make a huge difference.
I like to have:
- Bottled water
- A candy bowl
- Business cards
- Appointment cards
- Seasonal & cute decorations
Final Thoughts
Keeping your salon booth stocked is one of the best ways to stay prepared, provide excellent services, and to create a professional yet comfortable experience for each client.
You do not have to purchase everything all at once, especially if you are just starting out. Build your inventory over time, stay organized, and develop a routine to check your supplies on a regular basis.
A little bit of preparation goes a long way, and your future self- and your clients- will thank you for it!
Comments
Post a Comment